“Go to the street corner and invite to the banquet anyone you find.” –Matthew 22:9
Fundraisers are social functions whose primary purpose is to raise funds in order to supplement our church’s budget. We consider these projects to be social because of the fellowship that occurs when our members come together in an effort to create a better church community. Of course they are fundraisers because there is a charge for the event. This adds to our financial resources so that we can make possible all of the other items that you can read about on this site! Fundraisers are a great way to get to know members of our church. If you are a member, we welcome your participation! If you are a guest or someone who is seeking a church home, this is a great way to get to know our church community in a very special way!
Ways We Supplement Our Giving
Pork Chop Dinner
“We have only five loaves of bread and two fish, they answered. The number of those who ate was five thousand.” –Matthew 14:21
The Yorkville United Methodist Church serves a delicious Pork Chop Dinner up to twice each year. Although primarily a fundraiser, the dinner provides an opportunity for fellowship for workers and guests alike. It’s a rewarding experience to put on a dinner and watch people in the larger Yorkville community enjoy the results of our efforts!
The Who, What, When, Where, Why
- The Yorkville United Methodist Church members and friends form committees that ensure the work is done to make the event successful.
- The Pork Chop dinner consists of delicious marinated pork chops cooked over an open fire, plus all of the appropriate trimmings, including homemade desserts.
- The Pork Chop dinner is held in spring and/or fall each year.
- The dinner is a drive thru dinner.
We look forward to seeing you at our next Pork Chop dinner as a guest or as a worker! You’ll have a great time!
Fall Harvest Days
“The harvest is plentiful…” –Luke 10:2
The Southeast Wisconsin Antique Power and Collectible Society sponsors Fall Harvest Days each September at the Racine County Fairgrounds in Union Grove. Our church provides an area for participants and guests to take a break from the day’s activities. Church members and guests are welcome to lend a helping hand. Those who participate come away with a warm feeling of fellowship. Join us and you will find an exciting experience visiting the various exhibits on display. Then when you need a break, come over and experience the treat of homemade pies, brownies and gourmet ice cream!
The Who, What, When, Where, Why
- The Yorkville United Methodist Church members and friends form committees that ensure the work is done to make the event successful. The women and men of our church bake delicious homemade pies.
- Homemade pies and brownies are served along with coffee and kool-aid. We also serve a variety of Schwan’s ice cream products.
- Fall Harvest Days takes place at the Racine County Fairgrounds each September.
- We feel that the Fall Harvest Days booth affords community wide social activity while at the same time supplementing our budget so that we can carry on the primary missions of the church.
We look forward to your next visit to Fall Harvest Days!