Audio/Visual Technician: Yorkville United Methodist Church
Manages audio and visual needs of the church, including weekly worship and special events. Provides expertise, collaborates with, and supports the Pastor and other church leaders, volunteers, and staff (such as Choir Director and Accompanists) on theme, content, and format to manage livestreams and recordings.
- Maintains and operates equipment (monitors, computers, sound boards, microphones, cameras, etc.) and software (Currently, PowerPoint, OBS Studio software)
- Creates appropriate PowerPoint slides and background imaging for in-person service Sanctuary monitors
- Manages licensing for song(s) used
- Manages online streaming and recording of services and events (currently on Facebook Live)
- Recruits, schedules, and manages student and/or volunteer support
- Make suggestions and proposals for process improvements, hardware and software upgrades and purchases, as needed, aligning with vision and goals of the church
- Technical and creative experience, knowledge, and skills with computers, cameras, microphones, soundboards, recording equipment, editing and presentation software and websites
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Good interpersonal skills to collaborate well with Pastor, leadership, musicians and vocalists, volunteers, and others
- High level of attention to detail and consistency in process and content
- Leadership qualities to recruit, schedule, and supervise volunteer support
- Highly reliable and attuned to deadlines
- United Methodist Church membership or affiliation is not necessary.
Ideal resume builder or retiree position! Pay is hourly, non-exempt, $14 – 15/Hour, depending on experience, working approximately 6 hours per week, including prep work. Must be available on-site for Sunday services, special events, and religious holiday services – or arrange support to assure all services/events are covered. Prep work may be done remotely. Position reports to the Pastor.
Interested? Contact the church office.